Dear KSS clients
Knight Cleaning Services (KCS)
Basic Security Advice
• Always set your alarm.
• When you are at home, be aware of noises outside and pay attention to doors and windows left open.
• Be responsible for your OWN safety and security. Get to know your immediate neighbours.
• Support local community crime projects or initiatives like the Community Bobbies Patrol Project in Greendale Park (Howick) and the Hilton Street Hawks (Hilton).
• Make your property “less desirable” to break into than those around you. Deflect the crime away from you.
• Create extra layers of protection around your house. Put up security gates, glass “smash” sensors on large panes of windows and external beams that can be active while you are at home. All these options slow down criminals and also allow for early warning and detection.
• Ladies – please try run in pairs or groups and don’t run with headphones in your ears. You need to remain alert to your surroundings.
Crime Stats and Incidents 22 – 31 May 2017
27-May-17 02:47 Estate Elizabeth Drive (Hilton) The KSS Control Room received a report from an on-site KSS Security officer reported stating that the fence had been cut. A KSS Reaction Unit and SAPS were dispatched. The KSS Reaction Officers reported that no access was gained into the estate.
27-May-17 05:01 Rosebank Road (Howick) The KSS Control Room received a call from a client who reported there was an intruder on-site. A KSS Reaction Unit and SAPS were dispatched. The KSS Reaction Officers reported that the intruder broke into a vehicle. Electronic items were stolen. The KSS Reaction Officers patrolled the area.
27-May-17 09:50 Sundale Drive (Hilton) The KSS Control Room received a call from a client who reported that when leaving for work, they had noticed the lock on the pedestrian gate had been cut. As per the client, no need to send the KSS Reaction Unit or SAPS.
27-May-17 16:02 Bell Street (Howick) The KSS Control Room received a call from a client who reported a suspicious male in a blue VW Golf (ND registration) loading electronic items into his car. A KSS Reaction Unit was dispatched. The KSS Reaction Officers managed to stop the Golf and a vehicle check was done. SAPS were dispatched and took over the matter.
28-May-17 16:16 Business Zeederberg Road (Merrivale) The KSS Control Room received a panic activation. A KSS Reaction Unit was dispatched. The KSS Reaction Officers reported that on-site KSS Security had apprehended some children stealing small items. The parents were contacted and site Management handled the situation.
29-May-17 13:00 Estate (Karkloof) The KSS Control Room received a call from a client who requested a patrol as he suspected intruders. A KSS Reaction Unit was dispatched. The KSS Reaction Officers reported that some staff members on-site stated that some of their belongings had been stolen. The KSS Reaction Officers patrolled the area but there were no signs of the suspects. As per the client, no need for SAPS.
29-May-17 12:56 Business (Tweedie) The KSS Control Room received a call from the on-site KSS Security Officer who reported a positive break in. A KSS Reaction Unit and SAPS were dispatched. The KSS Reaction Officers reported that the back door had been forced open. Electronic items were stolen. SAPS were advised.
KSS has good working relationships with the local Emergency Medical Ambulance service providers. ER24 continues to provide a professional service to our community, coupled with the fact that they have Advanced Life Support (ALS) back-up. Our community is now safely in the hands of numerous service providers and KSS are able to facilitate a response to any medical emergency for you. You can however contact the following service providers directly: ER24 – Midlands Operations on 0796206661 or Midlands EMS on 0741497911.
Have a safe weekend.