Village Talk - 10 August 2016
10 August 2016
Self-defence and domestic worker’s seminars
Thanks to everyone who supported our seminars in July. The self-defence seminar went extremely well, and although it was a small group, the feedback has been incredibly positive and the approach of Don Gold’s is so unique and enlightening. It is not all about how to physically get yourself out of a situation, it focussed on how to avoid getting into a dangerous situation in the first place.
Our Domestic Workers seminar was a resounding success and we had over 40 people that attended. The domestic workers, as well as employers that were there, have given us fantastic feedback. The gratitude was tangible and we have decided that we will need to hold another seminar later this year. One thing that I would really like to encourage is that more employers attend the next course with their staff.
KSS has been directly involved with over 6 domestic fires over the past 9 months – some of which have been devastating. Please be aware of leaving electrical appliances on at night and also ensure that all your electrical wiring is safe and in good condition. Rats can also eat through wiring in the roof which may lead to fire hazards.
Vehicle theft outside businesses
Please be aware that vehicle theft has increased in and around the Howick CBD. Please take care when locking your cars and report any suspicious activities.
Spar ladies 5/10km walk for Hospice
Well done to the 25 Knight Security Solutions staff who participated in the Spar ladies 5/10km walk on Sunday 7 August. Our staff decided to do this as a fundraiser for Howick Hospice and every single one of them managed to bring in some sponsorship. I must say – we have some very pretty men on our staff.
What services does KSS offer:
• 24/7 Alarm monitoring from our locally based control centre.
• Alarm installations, upgrades and repairs.
• CCTV installations, upgrades and repairs.
• 24/7 Armed Response (based in Hilton, Merrivale and Howick).
• 24/7 Support and Investigations Unit.
• 24/7 Guarding of commercial, residential, construction, industrial and retail sites.
• K9 unit with trained dogs and dog handlers.
• Administration offices open 7.30am – 4pm Monday to Friday.
• Community Bobbies patrol in the Howick Greendale Park area.
• Weekly crime stats and incident reports updated weekly on www.knightsecurity.co.za and Facebook.
• Knight Cleaning Services – shopping centres, businesses, move in / move out house cleans etc…
• Service with integrity.
The success of the K9 Division has resulted in its continuous growth. Sites that have embraced the use of dogs have seen very positive results in the decrease of security related risk. We now have a full time “Kennel Master”, namely Welcome, who is fully trained and passionate about all our dogs. We also have Brad, who runs the K9 Division with an administrative assistant. KSS is now home to 25 trained dogs (mainly Rottweilers and Boer bulls). Each dog is individually cared for and we have our own dedicated vet who calls on us regularly to check on the dogs and assist with their health and wellbeing.
Knight Security Solutions – your local, personal and professional security service provider that has been serving our community for over 27 years.