Dear KSS Clients
General Security Advice
1. If you park your car outside your garage, ensure that you have external beams linked to your alarm system to alert you if you have an intruder on your property.
2. Secure any outbuildings, sheds, veranda’s and garages with some sort of external protection. These areas can be linked to your existing house alarm.
3. Now is a perfect time to trim all excess foliage and clean up your property and verges.
4. Number your property clearly so that emergency services can easily locate your address.
5. Don’t leave items lying around outside in view of the road. There are opportunistic criminals that quickly jump into and out of yards and steal these smaller items.
Incident Summary (crime and other)
There were 3 incidents in Howick. There was 1 incident in Merrivale Heights.
KSS Incidents 1 – 11 August 2020
2 August 2020 14:12 Plane Crescent (Howick) The KSS Control Room were advised about a theft. A KSS Response unit was dispatched. The KSS Officers reported that 6 garden chairs had been stolen. No signs of forced entry. The incident was formally reported to SAPS. A case was opened.
3 August 2020 00:23 Birnamwood Road (Merrivale Heights) The KSS Control Room received an alarm activation. A KSS Response unit was dispatched. The KSS Officers reported that a hole had been dug under the fence. Electronic items were stolen. The incident was formally reported to SAPS. A case was opened.
4 August 2020 12:00 Corner Harvard Street and Main Street (Howick) The KSS Control Room were advise about the theft of a small trolley jack. The client advised no need for SAPS.
5 August 2020 15:00 Old Main Road (Howick) The KSS Control Room received a panic activation. A KSS Response unit was dispatched. The KSS Officers reported that they had apprehended a suspect trying to shoplift. The incident was formally reported to SAPS. KSS handed the suspect over to SAPS. A case was opened.
KSS – 100% compliant with the Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA).
You are safe with us!
Have a good week.
Gary and the dedicated KSS Team