Dear KSS Clients
KSS is unique and we make sure that our clients receive the best possible service from our competent staff. KSS also ensures that we tick all the statutory tick-boxes, are industry compliant and that we look after our staff.
Did you know that all Security Companies HAVE to…?
• Be registered with PSIRA (Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority).
• Pay an annual registration fee to PSIRA.
• Pay annual Security Officer Fees (staff) to PSIRA.
• Employ Security Officers that are registered with PSIRA and ensure they renew their registration every 2 years.
• Make a mandatory monthly contribution to the Private Security Sector Provident Fund (PSSPF) for all employed staff.
• Be SARS and DOL compliant – PAYE, VAT, UIF and WCA.
• Allow staff to have 21 days leave per annum.
• Pay an annual salary increase. The percentage increase in gazetted for Security Officers.
• Comply with the hourly minimum wage.
• Be registered with ICASA (Independent Communications Authority of South Africa).
• Be recognisable as Security Officers and are not allowed to have uniforms resembling SAPS or the SANDF.
• Keep a fire-arm register of every single firearm issued, which is checked regularly by SAPS.
• Provide firearm training every 6 months for Armed Officers.
Incident summary (crime and other)
There were 4 incidents in Howick. There was 1 incident in Merrivale. There was 1 incident in Howick West. There was 1 incident in Pietermaritzburg. There was 1 incident in Tweedie.