KSS Incident Report 11 - 21 January 2021
Dear KSS Clients
General Security Advice
1. Test your alarm at least every 3 months and request the services of a technician if your alarm is faulty. It is important to inform your security service provider when you are testing your system.
2. If you park your car outside your garage, ensure that you have external beams linked to your alarm system to alert you if you have an intruder on your property.
3. Secure any outbuildings, sheds, veranda’s and garages with some sort of external protection. These areas can be linked to your existing house alarm.
4. Now is a perfect time to trim all excess foliage and clean up your property and verges.
5. Number your property clearly so that emergency services can easily locate your address.
6. Don’t leave items lying around outside in view of the road. There are opportunistic criminals that quickly jump into and out of yards and steal these smaller items.
Incident summary (crime and other)
There were 2 incidents in Merrivale. There was 1 incident in Howick. There was 1 incident in Mpophomeni. There was 1 incident in Cedara.
KSS Incidents 11 – 21 January 2021
14 January 2021 00:14 R617 Boston Bulwer Road (Mpophomeni) The KSS Control Room received a panic activation. KSS Response units were dispatched. The KSS Officers reported that the patrolling on-site Security Guard had noticed that a lock had been cut on a diesel tank. Diesel was stolen. Management were advised.
14 January 2021 02:49 Buchanan Street (Howick) The KSS Control Room received a call from a client requesting assistance. KSS Response units were dispatched. The KSS Officers reported that there had been a positive break-in. Access was gained through the garage door. Numerous items were stolen. SAPS were formally advised. A case was opened.
16 January 2021 12:20 Merrivale (UCSI SNIPR) KSS, SAPS and other security companies were notified by the UCSI about a vehicle that had been involved in a robbery in PMB, and that had triggered an alert on a UCSI SNIPR camera in Merrivale. KSS Response units were dispatched and located the vehicle on the N3. The suspects were intercepted by the SAPS Pmb Dog unit, SAPS flying squad, KSS and Magma. Four suspects were arrested and linked the three crimes committed in Pmb that day.
17 January 2021 20:05 Cedara Road (Cedara) The KSS Control Room received an alarm activation. A KSS Response unit was dispatched. The KSS Officers reported that there had been a positive break-in. Access was gained by cutting the fence and breaking the back window. Nothing was stolen. SAPS were formally advised. A case was opened.
21 January 2021 14:47 Oleander Road (Merrivale) The KSS Control Room received a call from the client reporting a positive break-in. A KSS Response unit was dispatched. The KSS Officers reported that access was gained by cutting the burglar bars and opening a window. SAPS were formally advised.
Have a safe weekend.
Gary and the KSS Team