Village Talk 2 October 2019
KSS crime statistics have shown a decrease in incidents since the erection of the UCSI SNIPR camera mounted gantries, along with Community Neighbourhood Watch proactivity and SAPS policing. To date 11 UCSI SNIPR gantries have been erected in our uMngeni Community with 3 more planned to go up in Hilton before the end of October. Well done to all community role-players concerned. A real TEAM effort and KSS remains committed to supporting community projects and making our communities safer.
Invest in your holistic community safety with the UCSI
Rotary Club of Hilton and Howick Bicycle Project
KSS is very proud to be a part of this uplifting community project. The Rotarians and Community volunteers have been assembling bicycles at the KSS offices and it is so rewarding to be a part of sharing such happiness in our community. Thank you to The Rotary Club of Hilton and Howick.
Almost 99% of all fires are caused by human negligence. They are mostly caused by electrical faults or carelessness. Cigarettes, matches and lighters, candles, heating appliances and open braai fires can all cause fires if not carefully monitored. But it is not only human error that causes fires, environmental factors such as changing weather patterns and urban spread increase the risk of fires, with the effects and level of damage often being felt more severely.
To prevent the loss of lives and property, everyone needs to be aware of the dangers of fire, especially during fire season this winter. Here are some tips to stay fire safe:
• Always extinguish fires and safely dispose of hot ash, coal and cigarettes.
• Ensure that your electrical appliances are correctly wired.
• Don’t overload power points and switch off appliances when not in use.
• Make sure gas appliances are correctly installed.
• Keep the area around your home and business clear of flammable materials (dry bush, scrub etc…)
• Never leave an open fire unattended (braai, in the fireplace at home, garden refuse etc…)
• Always make sure that you are alert in the kitchen when cooking and don’t leave the stove unattended.
• Talk with all family members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan.
• Clean the lint filter of your tumble dryer each and every time you use it.
• Take extra care when using heaters and electric blankets. Do not leave them on unattended.
• Always work in an open, cleared area when working with power tools.
• Make sure your business fire safety plan is clear and that you have your fire extinguishers serviced regularly.
• Buy a small fire extinguisher from a reputable dealer to keep in your home.
• Familiarize yourself with emergency numbers in the event of a fire.
KSS 24/7 Control Room
The KSS Control Room is manned 24/7 with highly competent staff that are trained to deal with emergency situations. Remember, you can call KSS not only for crime related issues, but also fire, medical, snakes, SAPS assistance etc… We are here to help. All calls made into or out of the KSS Control Room are recorded. Save 033 330 5911 on your speed dial or as a “favourite” on your cell phone. You can also phone KSS directly on the following two premicell numbers: 081 250 7256 or 081 451 5984.
Remember …. You are Safer with Us!